When I was deep in the middle of my grief these are just a few of the things that I tried based on the suggestions of others that helped me to slowly but steadily feel stronger:
- Reach deep inside yourself and tap into that inner strength that is already within you.
- Support support support. Reach out to trusted and caring family and friends, a therapist, pastor etc. believe me the more support you have the better to help you begin to heal.
- Pray and trust God to help you through this difficult time.
- Take it one day at a time, don’t put too much pressure on yourself and don’t let anyone dictate how you should feel.
- Talk about your feelings and what you are going through, it helps, believe me. You may even want to write in a journal, that helps too!
- Do nice things for yourself, it does not matter how small. In the beginning you many not even want to get out of bed, but that feeling passes and when it does take that time to treat yourself you deserve it.
- Get together with friends that can relate to what you are going through (once again you need that support).
- Set goals for yourself, having things to look forward to helps the healing process.
- Believe that you will recover from this.
Thanks for reading! I hope this helps someone.
I would love to hear recommendations from other women that can relate.